random1234 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Is the pdf locked to same edition as hard copy? Do you plan to offer some type of diff that can be applied to the original PDF to remove known errata, or does Manning plan to offer updated PDFs on bi-annual or quarterly basis?

thanks
jon.skeet (451) [Avatar] Offline
Re: pdf version and errata
I don't know what the plan is in terms of errata to the PDF. I suspect that a new PDF is created when there's a new printing, but I don't know what happens in terms of existing owners.

I'll ask Manning and report back.

Jon
jon.skeet (451) [Avatar] Offline
Re: pdf version and errata
Have followed up with Manning. If we feel there are fairly urgent corrections, we can produce a PDF out of sync with the print schedule - but at the moment there aren't many technical errors to correct. (Things like "it would be slightly clearer to explain something in a different way" are unlikely to be changed for just reprints anyway.) I believe existing ebook owners will be sent a new download link.

In case you weren't aware of the current list of errata, it's at http://csharpindepth.com/Errata.aspx

It looks more signficant than it really is (to my mind anyway) - only 3 of the points are technical errors.

Thanks!
Jon