The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mcenley (2) [Avatar] Offline
I am unable to implement internationalization as given in your book.
The following is the error i receive in the development shell:
[ERROR] Deferred binding result type 'org.gwtbook.client.DashboardConstants_sv' should not be abstract
[ERROR] Unable to load module entry point class org.gwtbook.client.Dashboard (see associated exception for details)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Deferred binding failed for 'org.gwtbook.client.DashboardConstants' (did you forget to inherit a required module?)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.rebindAndCreate(JavaScriptHost.java:157)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ShellGWT.create(ShellGWT.java:24)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(transient source for com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT:47)
at org.gwtbook.client.Dashboard.onModuleLoad(Dashboard.java:37)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:342)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserWidget.attachModuleSpace(BrowserWidget.java:326)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6.access$200(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:36)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6$External.gwtOnLoad(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:70)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6$External.invoke(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:125)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchImpl.Invoke(IDispatchImpl.java:293)
Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:415)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.rebindAndCreate(JavaScriptHost.java:153)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ShellGWT.create(ShellGWT.java:24)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(transient source for com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT:47)
at org.gwtbook.client.Dashboard.onModuleLoad(Dashboard.java:37)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:342)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserWidget.attachModuleSpace(BrowserWidget.java:326)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6.access$200(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:36)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6$External.gwtOnLoad(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:70)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6$External.invoke(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:125)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchImpl.Invoke(IDispatchImpl.java:293)
[ERROR] Failure to load module 'org.gwtbook.Dashboard'

The associated line in Dashboard.java:
DashboardConstants constants=(DashboardConstants) GWT.create(DashboardConstants.class);

The DashboardConstants.properties file :
ClassName: DashboardConstants
AboutMenuItemName: About
CalculatorMenuItemName: Calculator
ClockMenuItemName: Clock
CreateMenuName: Create
HelpMenuName: Help

The DashboardConstants_sv.properties file :
ClassName: DashboardConstants_sv
AboutMenuItemName: Om
CalculatorMenuItemName: Kalkylator
ClockMenuItemName: Klocka
CreateMenuName: Nya
HelpMenuName: Hjälp

Please help me out in it.

PS: I am using Eclipse IDE 3.4 on Windows platform. The application is running in web mode.

Thank You.
adam.tacy (269) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem with internationalization
Hi mcenley,

What are the contents of your Dashboard.gwt.xml file?

Regards,

Adam
mcenley (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi ,

<module>

<!-- Inherit the core Web Toolkit stuff. -->
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>

<!-- Inherit GWT internationalization -->
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.i18n.I18N' />

<!-- Adding Swedish locale -->
<extend-property name='locale' values='sv' />

<!-- Specify the app entry point class. -->
<entry-point class='org.gwtbook.client.Dashboard'/>

<!-- Pointing out the style sheet -->
<stylesheet src="Dashboard.css" />
</module>

These are the contents.

Thanks for the reply.
ricobo (1) [Avatar] Offline
i had the same problem. make sure everything is working properly and run your main-shell script.
if it still does not work, remove all your property files and use i18ncreator instead. my works perfectly after doing this .
good luck