The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

davidnez (3) [Avatar] Offline
I'm migrating an application from ejb to ejb3.
I'm using Swing, Hibernate, EJB3, JNDI and JBOSS-5.0.0.Beta4.
When I load a client done with Swing, the application loads by jndi the ejb's correctly.

contextService = (ContextService) context.lookup("gn_j2ee_application/ContextServiceBean/remote");

But when I call any method on the swing client from de ejb, it fails.

The method that is calling is getEnvironment, and the motive of the error feels something like Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException: org.jboss.security.auth.callback.SecurityAssociationHandler. But I don't know why and what I have to modify.

Does anyone could help me?

The error that return is:

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at $Proxy1.getEnvironment(Unknown Source)
at com.quavantis.gui.secenet.ApplicationMain.showLogin(ApplicationMain.java:44smilie
at com.quavantis.gui.secenet.ApplicationMain.main(ApplicationMain.java:419)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.rmi.MarshalException: Failed to communicate. Problem during marshalling/unmarshalling; nested exception is:
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.jboss.security.auth.callback.SecurityAssociationHandler
at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketClientInvoker.handleException(SocketClientInvoker.java:122)
at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:669)
at org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:122)
at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1634)
at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:54smilie
at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:62)
at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
at org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.java:61)
at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
at org.jboss.aspects.security.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:65)
at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalInterceptor.java:74)
at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessRemoteProxy.invoke(StatelessRemoteProxy.java:10smilie
... 12 more
Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException: org.jboss.security.auth.callback.SecurityAssociationHandler
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.aop.util.MarshalledValue.<init>(MarshalledValue.java:73)
at org.jboss.aop.metadata.SimpleMetaData.writeExternal(SimpleMetaData.java:322)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.writeExternal(MethodInvocation.java:356)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.remoting.serialization.impl.java.JavaSerializationManager.sendObjectVersion2_2(JavaSerializationManager.java:120)
at org.jboss.remoting.serialization.impl.java.JavaSerializationManager.sendObject(JavaSerializationManager.java:95)
at org.jboss.remoting.marshal.serializable.SerializableMarshaller.write(SerializableMarshaller.java:120)
at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.versionedWrite(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:943)
at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:586)
at org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:122)
at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1634)
at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:54smilie
at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:62)
at org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.java:61)
at org.jboss.aspects.security.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:65)
at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalInterceptor.java:74)
at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessRemoteProxy.invoke(StatelessRemoteProxy.java:10smilie
at $Proxy1.getEnvironment(Unknown Source)
Re: EJB3 Error: java.rmi.MarshalException: Failed to communicate
When I throw the swing client from eclipse IDE it runs correctly, but when I throw the application from a jsp with the next call it fails:

<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.6" href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" java-vm-args="-esa -Xnoclassgc -client" initial-heap-size="256m" max-heap-size="512m"/>

<property name="SERVICE_BASE_ENDPOINT" value="jnp://<%= request.getServerName() %>:1099"/>
<property name="http.keepAlive" value="true"/>

<jar href="quavantis_geonet_secenet2006.jar" main="true" download="eager"/>
<jar href="quavantis_geonet_secenet2006clt.jar" download="eager"/>
<jar href="quavantis_geonet_j2ee_commons.jar" download="eager"/>
<jar href="quavantis_geonet_j2ee_client.jar" download="eager"/>
<jar href="quavantis_geonet_j2ee_mapping.jar" download="eager"/>
<jar href="quavantis_geonet_j2ee_reporting.jar" download="eager"/>
</resources>
<application-desc main-class="com.quavantis.gui.secenet.ApplicationMain"/>
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
David:

Kindly take this to the JBoss forums...these look like JBoss configuration issues...also, JBoss 5 is pretty unstable, I would consider using JBoss 4.2...

Thanks,
Reza
Now it's working correcty.

I change the version of server to use, from jboss 5.0.0.Beta4 to jboss 4.2.2.GA. It feel that was a motify of configuration of the jboss.

Thanks
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
David:

Glad it worked out.

Cheers,
Reza
565395 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the code. I am going to give a try (have not had time to test it in my application yet).
??????????????