The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

keith.mcalister@logica.com (2) [Avatar] Offline
Not much happening.
The editor needs to get the cattle prongs out!!
jeffc666 (5) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Progress
No kidding. I bought this over a year ago and there has been zero progress. This was my initial attempt at using the MEAP program and it is a leaving a very sour taste in my mouth. At the time I made the purchase the expected publication date was 2/08 (http://web.archive.org/web/20070824034552/http://www.manning.com/rotem/) now it is 2/09. How much further out will it go?!?!

At what point can we qualify for a refund?

---------------------------------------------
Message was edited by: jeffc666 - Fixed typo
jeffc666 (5) [Avatar] Offline
SOA is going to have crashed off of the far end of the Gartner hype-curve by the time this book is released (or the MEAP version even updated!)

Lame. I guess no one actually reads this forum.

At least I learned a lesson, to never buy into the MEAP again.
mwbell77 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I purchased my MEAP subscription back in November of 2007. I haven't received a single update since. This will be the last MEAP subscription for me. If anyone from Manning is monitoring this thread, take a look at sourcebeat dot com to see how electronic book subscriptions can be done right!
arnonrgo (62) [Avatar] Offline
Hello to all

Sorry for the long wait, I understand your aggravation fully. I am sure if it was the other way around I'd be mad as well.
That said, I am human and since circumstances in my life changed (sometime around chapter 5 as you may guess) I didn't have the time/energy to continue. I also tried to find a co-author but most of the people I thought would be a good fit (experience etc.) were too busy. I did team with Eric Bruno but he also had some problems so his writing got stuck too.
I am currently working on one of the anti-pattern chapters and I hope to release a draft of one of them on my blog (both Dr. Dobbs and rgoarchitects.com) sometime this or the next week (since the structure is different for anti-patterns and patterns I hope to get some feedback on that)
I really hope you got some value from the chapters released thus far and, of course, that I (along with Eric) be able to bring this book to completion

Again sorry for the long wait

Arnon