The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mgravell (64) [Avatar] Offline
Probably a common question, but how much of this book will be 2.0 at publication? Just downloaded the intro chapter, and is very 1.1 - but obviously title is 2.0...

So; is there genuinely an intent to give fair treatment to 2.0, or is this 1.1 with some last minute revisions? I hope this doesn't sound negative - I simply want to clarify the position before buying the MEAP ;-p
mgravell (64) [Avatar] Offline
Re: 1.1 or 2.0?
Sorry - I found the answer already; MS re-versioned 1.1 as 2.0, so this is a non-question. I guess I'll spend some money, then... ;-p
Joe90 (1) [Avatar] Offline
It's not obvious. I'm looking to buy this book and I found this a little off-putting for the same reason when I looked at the sample Chapter 1.
cody.skidmore (22) [Avatar] Offline
The actual eBook should actually reflect the Silverlight 2.0 release candidate from last week.

Chad mentioned a couple of type setting issues, but those will be fixed before final release..
chad.campbell (42) [Avatar] Offline
This book is consistent with Silverlight 2. All of the 1.1 stuff should be removed by now. We have been working really hard to ensure consistency with Silverlight 2. A review was posted today that provide comments from an individual that reviewed a recent copy. That review can be found here:

http://community.irritatedvowel.com/blogs/pete_browns_blog/archive/2008/09/29/Book-Review_3A00_-Manning_1920_s-Silverlight-2-in-Action-_1320_-Chad-Campbell-and-John-Stockton.aspx

I hope this helps.
Chad

Message was edited by:
chad.campbell