The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

BobMarcum (10) [Avatar] Offline
I am trying to crawl through the differences between a basic "click me" application and the result of my work for Chapter 3. For my work - after I have looked at the Dashboard-shell, Dashboard.html, and Dashboard.gwt.xml - I get an error message saying the process failed to load the module. I have temporarily replaced my Dashboard.java with the Dashboard.java from the basic application; I get the same message using my Dashboard.java. Where should I look to fix what, when I get such error?

Thanks.
robert.hanson (173) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Failure to load module - Chapter 3
> I get an error message saying the process failed to load the module

It should have a little more info than that. It should specify a reason why it was not loaded, and hopefully point you in the right direction.

Can I also assume that your code is a little different than the book due to the new loading mechanism in GWT 1.4? GWT 1.4 is compatible with the older meta-tag style of module loading, but it is a little more error prone, especially when it comes to deploying the app.

Maybe you can post some of your code/config and a dir /s (or ls -R)?