The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ventureall (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I'm new to reporting services. My report has 3 groups in it. I need to create table of contents for the 3rd group, for example, Name, like:

Name - the page number of the report where this name starts.

In addition to this I need when the table of contents starts pages start in alphabetical order form "a", like Page (a), Page (b) and so on. I wrote the following function in the code:

Shared CurrPageNo as integer =0
Shared ContentPageNo as integer =0

Public Function CurrentPageNumber(ByVal PagesLeft as integer,ByVal HasTableOfContentStart as string) AS String

dim strPageLabel as string

strPageLabel = "Page "

if (HasTableOfContentStart ="Y")
if (PagesLeft > 0)
ContentPageNo = ContentPageNo +1
end if
end if

CurrPageNo = CurrPageNo +1

if (HasTableOfContentStart ="Y")
strPageLabel = "Page (" & Chr(96+ContentPageNo) & ")"
else
strPageLabel = strPageLabel & CurrPageNo
end if

Return strPageLabel

End Function

the textbox in the report footer where I call the function has the following expression: =Code.CurrentPageNumber(Globals!TotalPages - Globals!PageNumber + 1, ReportItems!textbox55.Value)

//ReportItems!textbox55.Value="Y" - means the we are in the table of content

I forgot to mention that I have table of contents in the second table on the same report.
When I preview in HTML I see pages for the Table of Contents start from Page (a) as it should, but when I print report the first page on the Table of contents starts from Page (i) and so on.

Please help!!!. Thanks