The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

gauraviniitm (2) [Avatar] Offline
I have a group and a subgroup in a report. in the subgroup there are repetitive rows. But i want to display them at only once within the subgroup. So I hide them. Now I want to have the sum of a field viz. "quantity" group wise, having the only single value of the subgroup. But problem is in the sum the values which are hidden also included. But i don't want them to include in the sum of the group.
Can anybody give the suggestions how to resolve the problem..
I am fighting with it from a long back but i am not able to solve the issue.. plz help me out..

location invoice no. date quantity item
delhi inv/del/1 1/1/2008 3 item-1
item-2
item-3
inv/del/2 2/1/2008 2 item-4
item-5
Location Total 5

This is what i want... for invoice inv/del/1 there are 3 items, i hide rest of two rows using "Hide Duplicates", But the group sum i.e. Location Total in the report is coming out as '13' as it includes the quantities of hidden rows also. But in actual I want '5'.

Thank you..