The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

SteveH1UK (24) [Avatar] Offline
I have used Spring DI and like the idea of using a namespace in the key (bean id). However I wonder if we should relate the namespace of the key to part of the package name (or state this is a bad idea).

Having package names in the examples in this section would make the examples seem more real (even if they are just simple ones - e.g. com.system.data)
dhanji.prasanna (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: 2.4.1. Identifying by string keys
package names are specific to implementation details. I like to think of the (runtime) object-space in dependency injectors as separate from the static class-space (of packages).

Also the com.blah. prefix does not help much in injectors as opposed to shared repositories with OSS contributions, etc.

Dhanji.