ReneX (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jon,

I really enjoy doing a lot of research revolving C#/.Net topics and find myself always learning something new through your website and posting on the C# newsgroups.

I recognize that you really know your C#/.Net stuff and I really think that reading your book will provide me and many others with a lot of cool insights regarding the C#/.Net subject.

However, I find myself getting increasingly frustrated by seeing all the new stuff that Microsoft is coming out with and not being able to keep pace with it. I don’t consider myself to be a C#/.Net beginner (I think of myself as intermediate) but I realize that I still have ways to go before I can think of myself as someone that can be considered an authority on the subject.

Having said that, I was wondering if I can get your opinion on what you would recommend someone like me should do in the next couple of months/year regarding C#/.Net research. My options the way I have them planned are as follows:

1) Spend a couple of months (free time I have after work) going through your book and get more comfortable with the C# 2 & 3 language.
2) Move on and start learning about the new WPF, WCF, WWF etc, and use our book for now as a sort of reference books.

Like I said, I feel pretty comfortable programming with C# 2 but I am just starting out with C# 3. Since I have not read your book, I am not sure how much of your book is tailored towards C# 3 subjects.

Also, it getting harder and harder for me to find the time to do research so I want to maximize the time I have and research subjects where I can get the most bang for my time.

Your feedback is appreciated.