The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

LarryM (2) [Avatar] Offline
I want to create the PDF, convert it to a byte array, and store it in a SQL table without saving it on disk, reopeing it and converting it to bytes. I'm doing this in C# with iTextSharp. I'm new to all this. Is this possible?
blowagie (284) [Avatar] Offline
Re: iTextSharp PDF to Byte w/o file creation on disk
Being new at iText isn't an excuse as this question is a general C# question.
As you probably read in the book iText can write to any outputstream.
In Java one would write to a ByteArrayOutputStream instead of to a FileOutputStream to achieve what you need.
If you're asking me for the corresponding class in C#, you're on the wrong forum.
I've never written one line of C# code. You should post this question on a C# forum, asking for an OutputStream that writes stuff to a byte array.
LarryM (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: iTextSharp PDF to Byte w/o file creation on disk
I'm new to C# too, but that was probably obvious. Thanks for the response. I'll look for the C# solution.