The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mr.burns (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

I have a test.html page which uses the contentloader.js (from Ajax in action) to send a request to a webserver and parse the server response.
This works fine, the server gets the request and presents the expected response.
Now my problem:
For internet explorer it is possible to create a toolbar button using registry keys. (see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa753588(VS.85).aspx).
In the 'scripts' value of the registry key of that toolbar button, I added a link test.js.
Test.js uses the same javascript functions I use in test.html to send an AJAX request.
The problem is executing the script by clicking the toolbar button I never get the status 'READY_STATE_COMPLETE' (4).
It only presents two times 'READY_STATE_LOADING' (1).

But I need also to get the request finished to execute a certain function that parses the result.

Does anybody know why it works using the test.html but not if I click the toolbar button and run same JS functions?

Any help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Best regards!