The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

penfold (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm currently having a quick read of the sample early-access chapter - looks good so far smilie

Noticed that there may be a typo in section 1.3.2 Inversion of Control vs. Dependency Injection (page 16):
"Early frameworks differed by the various forms of wiring that they proffered and promoted."

Should "proffered" be "preferred", or is it an obscure English word I'm not familiar with?

Either way, I'm sure the proof-readers/editors will correct any mistakes - just thought I'd chime in - and maybe even expand my vocabulary!
dhanji.prasanna (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Sample chapter - possible correction
Hi penfold

Thanks for the kind words. Here's what Google has to say on the subject:

Definitions of proffer on the Web:

suggestion: a proposal offered for acceptance or rejection; "it was a suggestion we couldn't refuse"
offer: present for acceptance or rejection; "She offered us all a cold drink"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en-us&q=define%3Aproffer&btnG=Search

Dhanji.

Message was edited by:
dhanji.prasanna