The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

pdavila (10) [Avatar] Offline
Hi All,

Having C++/CLI as a language in .NET is essential for me. I have a lot of code that needs to run in realtime, DirectX and video stuff. C# would not be deterministic enough for me. In addition, the InterOp between a C# GUI and the realtime C++/CLI stuff is terrific.

Now that I have C++/CLI added to my box of tools, how do I go about finding out how C++/CLI handles the new features possible with .NET 3.5 in Visual Studio 2008. I guess a new chapter for this book is needed.

More specifically, I'm thinking of what the C++/CLI team at Microsoft may have added to the language in VS 2008 in line with the C# 3.0 stuff, such as Lambda expressions, etc.

Any comments?