The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

alisters (1) [Avatar] Offline
There seems to be various names used for these throughout the book i.e
[int] 123 | gm -static

This previous post http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?threadID=16382&tstart=195 mentions them, and that the list is fixed in v1. The list in the book (table 3.4) appears to miss [math], [datetime], [wmi], [wmisearcher]. EIther that, or there are differences in between type alias/shortcuts/accelerators that I'm not seeing (and hence they don't appear in the table ?)

Could you please indicate if they are one and the same ? Is their a way to discovery them in powershell ? (I tried grepping the .ps1xml files to see if these shortcuts were all somehow defined in there - but I think maybe they are buried in the object adapter code ??) If they aren't presently discoverable - then is there an updated list ? (I've been spoilt by powershell's discoverability and now I expect complete reflection !!)

PS: Any hints on whether powershell will be installed by default on OS's other than Server 2008 ? v2 remoting is great, if it and powershell are installed (i.e working within the context of your own companies network) but being able to use the powershell skills at any windows box will really make it take off for users like me.

Thanks.