kalstevens (5) [Avatar] Offline
I was just curious, what is with the delay in this book.
It says all chapters are complete.

Thanks

kal
dan.j.allen (495) [Avatar] Offline
Re: whats with the delay
If I can speak for the author being an author, editing is a tyrant. I often spent two hours trying to fix one paragraph to get it to make a lick of sense. But its time worth spent, because you want the final product to be something you can pick up, get the info you need, then back to work. Editing sucks. Long live spare time.
kalstevens (5) [Avatar] Offline
Ahh cool, thanks.
I was curious if they were waiting for Jboss 5 to go GA
anjanb (7) [Avatar] Offline
hi there,

I still believe that they're waiting for JBOSS 5 GA/release. otherwise, a wait of 1 year on such an important book does NOT make sense.

BR,
~A
PeterJ (83) [Avatar] Offline
In August 2007 we decided to wait for 5.0 and not re-write the book for 4.2.x. Of course at the time Red Hat stated that 5.0 would GA in December 2007. Right.

At this time we are finishing up comparing our text to CR2. Once we fix the issues we are still having (only a few), we should be going to the printer. Hopefully the book will hit the shelves the same time 5.0 GAs.

Believe me, no-one will be more happy to see the book finally published than its two authors.
rabies (53) [Avatar] Offline
5.0.0.GA was out a few weeks ago. Any estimate for release of the paperback? I'm dying to buy this book after reading parts of the PDF...

Message was edited by:
rabies
PeterJ (83) [Avatar] Offline
The chapters are almost done being typeset and should be going to the printer any day now. The book should be available in January or February.