The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

joshbay84 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Initially I had a problem that my projects were placed in a directory which had spaces in their names, like : E:/Study Materials...

To overcome that, I hardcoded the values in the DashboardConstants-i18n.cmd file

The content of my DashboardConstants-i18n.cmd is as below :
@java -cp "'E:/Study Materials/GWT_Project/src';'E:/Study

Materials/GWT_Project/bin';F:/Softwares/gwt-windows-1.4.60/gwt-windows-1.4.60/g

wt-user.jar;F:/Softwares/gwt-windows-1.4.60/gwt-windows-1.4.60/gwt-dev-windows.

jar" com.google.gwt.i18n.tools.I18NSync -out "E:/Study

Materials/GWT_Project/src" org.gwtbook.client.DashboardConstants

But when I try to run the DashboardConstants-i18n.cmd file, I get the following error :
Error: Could not find the resource 'org/gwtbook/client/DashboardConstants.proper
ties matching 'org.gwtbook.client.DashboardConstants' did you remember to add it
to your classpath?

DashboardConstants.properties is present inside E:Study MaterialsGWT_Projectsrcorggwtbookclient.

Where am I going wrong ?

Regards,
Joshua
robert.hanson (173) [Avatar] Offline
Re: problem while using DashboardConstants-i18n.cmd: getting error
I don't think that you are doing anything wrong. As far as I can tell, this is a bug with that tool. It just doesn't seem to like spaces, and there is no way around it without altering the code for the tool, as far as I can tell.
joshbay84 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Re: problem while using DashboardConstants-i18n.cmd: getting error
Thanks for the reply,

I will change my directory structure accordingly and proceed.

Regards,
Joshua.