The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ashwin824 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Chad and Ron...

I have a visual studio 2008. Which components do I need to install to complete a walk through example in chapter 1.

It would be nice to have a walk through of required components installation ...
englere (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: I have a visual studio 2008. Which components do I need to install ...
erict (1) [Avatar] Offline
The book is advertising itself as being about Silverlight 2. How come you're pointing us at the 1.1 beta SDK install, and not the 2.0 beta 1 install? As I had already installed the 2.0 beta SDK, things look somewhat different. Should I uninstall 2.0 and go back to 1.1 or will the book be reworked to work with the SDK for 2?
Cheers, Eric
dsa1971 (1) [Avatar] Offline
MS was originally giving the next version of Silverlight the # 1.1 but they changed it to 2.0. So the next official release will be 2.0. So 1.1 and 2.0 are the same thing essentially.