BenHayat (24) [Avatar] Offline
I got one of the first copies of the pdf when it came out and I thought this book is on the right track. Recently I got the revised (and much improved) version of the pdf and it has gotten a lot better.

First thing you notice, that the author's mind was not racing when he wrote a section. I've read books, that from one paragraph to the next, you suddenly feel, you lost a whole chapter there or jumps to a totally different subject. This book is very smooth. I don't know about you guys, but when I read Scott Guthrie's blog (especially the technical ones), I feel like everything sinks right in. Well, that's how this book feels.

Secondly, I've [bought] and read other Linq books. I don't understand how other authors, miss the point that Linq is made up of a series of new technologies and if you don't know them, you're not going to get a good foundation on your Linq knowledge. This book does a great job bringing you to that point.

When you read this book, you want to do Linq programming...

I just thought I share this few lines, in case someone is interested to buy this book. It's a very good book and worth the money!

..Ben
steve.eichert (22) [Avatar] Offline
Re: This is a very *Good* book!
Ben,

Thank you for the kind words. Fabrice, Jim, and I have worked very hard on making this book the best it can be and it's encouraging to hear that the hard work has resulted in a book that you are enjoying!

Best Regards,
Steve