The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

abhishes (1) [Avatar] Offline
I have a cube on which I have defined translations (both on dimensions and measures).

I want to send a MDX query to the cube, and display the results in a SSRS table.

I want the column headers of each column to have a label in the right language. (as defined in the translation).

what happens is that when I drag and drop a column from my dataset into an SSRS table, by default, it takes the name of the dimension/measure. Furthermore this name is hardcoded text so it doesn't change at runtime.

After doing some research I found that if I write my query like

select {[D]} dimension properties MEMBER_CAPTION on columns

I would get the label of the column for the dimension which has the appropriate translation applied.

However the question is

1. how to generate an mdx query with this dimension property (since the MDX designer doesn't allow to explicitly add dimension property.

2, How to make SSRS use the column header as what is returned by this query (rather than hardcoding the dimension/measure name at designtime).

regards,
Abhishek.