BenHayat (24) [Avatar] Offline
Hi guys;

Since Linq is still so new to so many people, just knowing what needs to be learned by itself, can be a difficult task. To top that, a new user needs to make a decision which book to buy (when he/she doesn't even know where to begin about linq), makes it harder to pick which book without some help from the authors or publisher. My suggestion is that, on the main page for this book on Manning web site, there should be a section which one paragraph should describe what each chapter is all about This education will help the buyer to get view of the entire book before jumping into it. The free introductory is nice but the rest of the book is like a black box until you buy it. I think this will help you communicate with the buyer much better.

Just my two cents!
..Ben
steve.eichert (22) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Suggestion for the book
Ben,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll forward it along and see if we can be more transparent regarding what the book provides. How close did the contents of the book line up with what you expected? Are there things that you think should be included that aren't? What, if anything, surprised you once you got a chance to see it in it's entirety?

Cheers,
Steve
This is strange. I made a positive reply to this post and I saw it showing, and now it has disappeared. Did it get deleted?
..Ben
fabrice.marguerie (224) [Avatar] Offline
I didn't see your reply so I guess it's a problem with the forum software...

Fabrice
steve.eichert (22) [Avatar] Offline
I didn't see the reply, and I certainly wouldn't have deleted a positive comment! smilie
>>I didn't see the reply, and I certainly wouldn't have deleted a positive comment!

Gee..., do you mean I have to type up all that [good] stuff again? smilie

I'll try that again tonight, but probably won't be as juicy...smilie