mfryman (2) [Avatar] Offline
The dragging code has a LOT of typos in it. Again, keeping in mind I'm typing out of the book, sometimes you refer to a class called dragger (which doesn't exist, it's draggerid), sometimes you refer to draggerid as an instance (which doesn't work, you meant dragger). Basically, none of that code works "as is". I've spent several hours playing with it and I've only just now got it semi-working. Also, I don't quite see any explanation of how to handle the drag target drop event. You mention it briefly but I don't see any code or even a great description.
nklein (33) [Avatar] Offline
Re: errate chapter 9
Did you download the source code zip file? It contains working code for the Laszlo Market application that covers all those chapters. There is no need to be typing out of the book.

During the draft stage it is really difficult to keep the code in sync with the working version. We have been continually cutting and pasting code from the chapter into a text editor and executing it to ensure that it actually works, but then a later code change comes along that causes a ripple effect into earlier chapters.

This is such a time consuming task that before the book is published, a technical proofreader will be tasked with ensuring that all the code examples within the text work as advertised.