The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

biswanath (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi
I am new in Scriptaculous and Prototype.Actually i want to create a hover window on the mouse over option in a link.Please anybody suggest me to how can i create class using prototype and how can i get the hover window onmouse over option.

With regards
Biswanath
bear.bibeault (675) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Hover Window using Scriptaculous version 1.7.1 beta 3 and Prototype
There, of course, is no particular method in either library to do something that specific. But they can certainly help you put one together more easily!

The idea is that on the mouseover event you would reveal a previously hidden div (or create one on the fly) with the proper CSS to position it where you want and to float it over the rest of the display. Look into absolute positioning and z-index.

You can apply Scriptaculous effects to make it fade into existance and the drag-n-drop library to enable moving it around the screen if you'd like.
Thanks for giving me some idea,I will try if i have facing some problem then please suggest me,

regards
Biswanath
davecrane (149) [Avatar] Offline
Biswanath,

Is this the sort of thing that you're looking for?

http://ajaxian.com/archives/prototype-based-javascript-tooltip

Dave
Hi Dave
thanks for the given site but i want hover window using only Scriptaculous version 1.7.1 beta 3 and Prototype 1.5.1 version.in this site whatever the class created i want this type of class created and calling the ajax method like onBeforeLoad,onSuccess,onBeforeShow,onShow,onHide,onBeforeHide.Please help me how can call Ajax method.

With regards
Biswanath