The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

jeethendriya (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

Is there any way to implement iText with JTidy without using xmlfo and xslt.

I have tried so many ways, but I not getting what is expected.

Can we use JTidy in iText......

If so, can give me the examples....
blowagie (284) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Jtidy and itext problem...
> Can we use JTidy in iText.

A long time ago some people on the mailing list told they used JTidy in combination with iText. I have never done it that way myself because I don't believe it's a good idea to do it that way.

> If so, can give me the examples.

You have already posted the same question on the mailing list using the forbidden words 'ASAP' and 'Urgent'. As a rule hardly anybody answers mail containing those words because the use of those words is considered being very rude and extremely impolite in the world of Free / Open Source Software.
jeethendriya (4) [Avatar] Offline
I am extremely sorry for using those words.....I am little poor in English....

But my intension is that to use those, I thought forum friends will give me the various options to get the solution. Once again sorry for that.....

I want to generate PDFs on clicking on icon in JSPs, using Jtidy and iText only. I have tried so many ways and I spent almost two weeks on that but able to figure it out....I am so weary.....

If you have suggestions...please forward to me....
blowagie (284) [Avatar] Offline
Who wrote the restrictions that you only should use JTidy and iText?
I'd like to mail that person and explain why those restrictions are problematic.