The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

brucepay (155) [Avatar] Offline
The errata document has been posted at:

http://www.manning.com/payette/wpia_errata.pdf

As well as the known errors, this document also contains a fair amount of new material. Let me know if I've missed anything important. Also, the new material hasn't gone through an extensive proof-reading process so there are probably errors. Please let me know if you find anything so I can update the document.

I haven't posted updates for the examples and the grammar yet. Hopefully I'll be able to get to those soon. Also, as far as the on-line book goes, Manning only updates the PDFs when the print book is updated so these changes won't be incorporated until then.

Thanks everyone for your patience,
-bruce
Kiron (38) [Avatar] Offline
Re: The errata document has been posted...
Thanks for the errata document and additional information.
I hate to do this, but since you asked:

The sample on p.26
...can rename a variable by assigning to the name property:
PS (4) > (get-variable var).value = 10
PS (5) > $var

Should read something similar to:
PS (4) > (get-variable var).name = 'myVar'
"Name" is a ReadOnly property.
At line:1 char:20
+ (get-variable var).n <<<< ame = 'myVar'

There is another small typo in p.16
PS (4) > echo hi;#there
Hi

Should have a lowercase 'h':
PS (4) > echo hi;#there
hi

Thanks again!
smilie
brucepay (155) [Avatar] Offline
Re: The errata document has been posted...
Thanks for the feedback Kiron. Clearly I should turn Word's autocorrect feature off smilie I'll wait a couple of days to see if there are any more issues then post an updated doc later in the week.

-bruce