The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

dirkarzt (2) [Avatar] Offline
In my program, Jess works within an application of a Tomcat environment. Facts and Rules are loaded correctly and after startup the rules fire as they should. There are shadow facts connected to beans (updated automatically) and "normal" facts.

After using the system for a while, no rules are fired anymore. Some facts still change and are activated, but not fired!!!

Does anybody have a similar experience? Can anybody help?
Version: Jess61p4, which is supplied with the book

Thanks in advance,
Dirk
ejfried (326) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Jess runs as aspected - after approx. 15 minutes no rules are fired any
If rules are activated but not firing, then you must not be calling "run". If you've called "run-until-halt" in a dedicated thread, perhaps it's hung in calling one of your Java methods -- i.e., some method called by a rule RHS never returned. On a related note, it may be a deadlock in your Java code or in Jess.

You might use normal Java debugging techniques to see what's happening -- i.e., get a thread dump.
dirkarzt (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Jess runs as aspected - after approx. 15 minutes no rules are fired anymore
Thank you!

The error seems to be a second call of "run" ( rete.run() ) in a java method - after deleting this, everything works fine.