The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

john slater (1) [Avatar] Offline
p8
'that state somehow be store on the server'
should be
'that state somehow be stored on the server'

p12
'means a canvas height of 100', but the XML has of the example has 'height="200"'

p16
suddenly we go to advanced concepts.
fig 1.6 does not help much, in fact DDP is not really explained anywhere

p17
'circular fonts' are what?

p17
bit-mapped vs vector curve discussion is wrong;
in both cases the colors of pixels on a grid are specified and both can create a 'prefect' picture.
The problem is that there is no way to accurately rescale an anti-aliased bit-mapped image.
What has been written is of no help to those who don't already 'know the answer'
macewen (20) [Avatar] Offline
Re: ch. 1 nitpicks
Got your comments. Thanks. We'll fix those things.
Brad (1) [Avatar] Offline
I concur with the previous comments about figure 1.6 and the explanatory text. I was (and remain) totally confused by that section. I don't understand what the Client (Laszlo App) represents and where it runs, how/why it's communicating with a server, and how/why an MVC pattern would appear in both the client and the server. And how this relates to creating a SOLO app is confusing to me.

I found the rest of chapter 1 to be very useful.
GlennB (4) [Avatar] Offline
page 7 says: “Correctly previously entered information is clumsy".. it should probably read "Correcting..."
Page 9: "It is beginning clear" should read: "It is becoming clear"

Message was edited by:
GlennB
page 14 reads: "innovative ways towards implementing familiar tasks". It should say: "innovative ways of implementing familiar tasks"