The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

david_kw (8) [Avatar] Offline
I hate to say it but the "screen shot" graphics don't appear to match up with the code snippets in chapter 8. At first I wondered if I was misunderstanding how it was supposed to work, but then I noticed that the code snippet 8.7 on p.266 has its associated graphic on p.272. Similarly, the code snippet 8.4 on p.260 has its graphic on p.266.

Not much you can do about it now, but I wanted you to be aware of it for the errata and such. Hopefully it is limited to chapter 8. I glanced quickly at chapter 9 and it looked ok.

On a positive note, I've found the book very useful for a jumpstart in to prototype and scriptaculous and even libraries in general. Although I've never looked at jQuery I think I have a better idea what it probably does.

david_kw
davecrane (149) [Avatar] Offline
Re: chapter 8 snippets and screen shots
Hi David,

You're right, I'm afraid, we've mis-placed a couple of graphics there. Well spotted, and I'm glad you're enjoying the rest of the book.

The production team have been informed, we'll fix things up for the next print run, and add to the errata list.

Cheers,

Dave