The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

david_kw (8) [Avatar] Offline
It looks like the directory structure changed when some of the examples were put in the zip files. I don't know how pervasive it is but for chap 5 the labs have a link to the js source like

<script type="text/javascript" src="../scripts/prototype.js"></script>

but it should be

<script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/prototype.js"></script>

So the lab doesn't work. This is in source_code_20070312.zip

david_kw
bear.bibeault (675) [Avatar] Offline
Re: chap 5 labs
Ah yes, You'll need to re-adjust the URL of the script references. I'm not sure when the structure got boofed up. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
david_kw (8) [Avatar] Offline
I just checked and it seems like all pages in chap 5 have this problem. So it might be easier for people just to copy the scripts directory from one of the sub directories (like lab/scripts) and paste the files in the root scripts directory with lab-support.js

david_kw
bear.bibeault (675) [Avatar] Offline
Yeah, that should work for now. I'll see about getting a fixed zip file uploaded.

Thanks!