kosak2000 (1) [Avatar] Offline
This is a very exciting topic, and I think your book so far is very good.

I'd like to tell you about a few typos I noticed, and also make a couple of suggestions if you don't mind.

In the section "Implicitly-typed local variables", subsection "Syntax", there is a table with lines 1.423 and 1.424 in it. I think the left and right hand sides of this table are swapped for VB.NET, as they do not match the captions ("With implicitly-typed local variables", "With the traditional syntax")

In the section "Using LINQ with in-memory collections", subsection "What can we query", subsubsection "Arrays", there is a sentence "Any kind of arrays is supported." There's an extra s in there; it should be "array" singular.

In the section "Introducing lambda expressions" I would like to suggest a footnote giving a few sentences of history for the curious reader ("by the way, the reason they're called lambda expressions is that there's this thing called the lambda calculus blah blah blah")

In the section "Introducing Sequences", subsection "Refresh on iterators", in the first Note, you say "However, if you want to investigate on this, .NET Reflector is your friend..." This is a typo: "investigate on this" should probably be "investigate this". Second, .NET Reflector may be my friend, but I think it would be be better if you wrote about what it is and how I can find it. I would suggest a sentence first telling readers where they can go (e.g. a specific help page or book) if they want to learn more about iterators; second, if readers really want to look into the low-level machinery of how these state engines are built, they can download .NET Reflector, available at (http://whatever).
fabrice.marguerie (224) [Avatar] Offline
Re: feedback, and a few typos
Thank you for your feedback, Corey!
I'll make sure your suggestions and the corrections make it in the future releases.

Fabrice