The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

kurinosuke (156) [Avatar] Offline
I've used the following settings to test the Autocompleter :
{
paramName: 'value'
minChars: 1
tokens: ','
}

In the movie title, I type "C", and all movies starting with "C" are displayed.
Backspace, I clear the textbox. I enter "S", and all movies starting with "S" are displayed.
I select "Salem's Lot (1979)". Then I type ",C". An empty list is being displayed.

This problem appeared in Firefox. It worked fine on IE6.
bear.bibeault (675) [Avatar] Offline
Re: About lab-autocompleter-ajax.jsp
>I select "Salem's Lot (1979)". Then I type ",C". An empty list is being displayed.

I'm not clear about these steps. Did you clear out the field before typing the C? Or did you enter the C at the end of Salem's Lot (1979)?

In the first case, the correct list of C movies is shown and in the latter, nothing (as would be expected).

This is in Firefox 2.0.0.3. I wonder if this is related to your other Firefox issue?
kurinosuke (156) [Avatar] Offline
Re: About lab-autocompleter-ajax.jsp
>I'm not clear about these steps. Did you clear out the field before typing the C? Or did you enter the C at the end of Salem's Lot (1979)?

No, I did not clear the field, because I wanted to try the "tokens" property.
After selecting Salem's Lot (1979), the focus gets back to the input field, and the cursor is positioned next to (1979). Then I type, ",C" and I expect to see a list of movies whose title begins with "C", but an empty list is displayed instead. (Firefox 2.0.0.3)

One thing I noticed is that in IE, after selecting Salem's Lot (1979), the cursor gets to the left of the input field, whereas in Firefox, it goes to the right ! I don't know if this is related to the current issue though.