The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

david_kw (8) [Avatar] Offline
Hello there,

I was wondering when the book is going to be released. I pre-ordered it from Amazon and they recently sent me an email saying it wouldn't ship until early May. Is that accurate?

Thanks,
david_kw
bear.bibeault (675) [Avatar] Offline
Re: book release date
As the book has already gone to print, May sounds a bit far-fetched. I can't give you an exact date of course, but I wouldn't expect it to take that long to make its way through the pipe.
Ok thanks. I thought it sounded odd. Amazon said the book comes out on March 1st and B&N says the end of March. But then Amazon said it won't be out till May 7th so I wanted to check.

I look forward to reading it.

david_kw
Yeah, once it goes to print, it's out of our hands. Hope you get it soon, and I hope that you find the wait was worth it!
Me too. smilie

I just noticed if all else fails I can get the electronic version through Manning. The timing of this book is perfect for me. It is only in the last month when I decided I really had to pick a library instead of maintaining my own as I have been. I was leaning towards prototype/scriptaculous largely based on adoption numbers. My current plan is to dive in and refactor my site starting towards the end of this month when I complete my current project.

david_kw
Breaking news.

I have it on good authority that the eBook will be available tomorrow (March 12) and that the hard-copy will be available, at least from Manning, on Monday March 19.

Dang, it's been a long road!
More breaking news. Amazon shipped it out Thursday so I got it today (2 day shipping). Hopefully I can finish my current project tonight so I can start tomorrow.

Congrats on the book. smilie

david_kw
Thanks david!