The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

J Winey (2) [Avatar] Offline
I am trying to use the ContentLoader code. So far, I have copied the code, exactly as found in the current source listing ZIP, and added a call to to it that does nothing useful.

When I try this in IE (6.0). it works fine. However, in Firefox (2.0.0.1) I get an error message "this.loadXMLDoc is not a function." "loadXMLDoc" is, of course, a function defined by as part of the prototype of the net object.

I don't see anything wrong, and as I said, I copied the code directly from the downloaded source, with no changes at all. Any ideas as to why Firefox objects? Thanks.
J Winey (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Prototype problem in Firefox
Ah - found the problem. Left out the keyword "new" when creating the object. Why it worked in IE, I have no idea.
lunabamba (2) [Avatar] Offline
hey everyone,
i am quite new with ajax and i have got a lot of problems with the doubleCombo_refactored. Basically i works with IE 7. But cannot make it work with firefox 2
Then i was wondering is your code compaible with this browser.
It will be nice if Winey can tell us more precisely how it made it work with firefox 2. Can you just copy the code.

olivier
lunabamba (2) [Avatar] Offline
hi guys,
I finally found what was the problem with firefox. But it was this stupid insane software greasemonkey once i disabled it. The script works perfectly.

so do like me uninstall this shit from your computer. Use Charles instead, really nice software too bad it is not free

Life is tough sometimes