The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

amw@1800wheelchair.com (1) [Avatar] Offline
I have a matrix for product sales by month, with product as the row headers, and the months as the dynamic column headers, I want to add interactive sort to all the columns, so the user can see by each month which products are high for that month.

I tried everything but nothing works, if I set the sort expression to “Sum(Fields!Amount.Value, "DataSet1")” and the the “evaluate sort expression in this scope” property to the name of the column group (matrix1_MonthYear) then when I click the arrow to sort nothing is sorted but all rows on that column becomes null,

I was able to add an interactive sort to the products column by setting the “evaluate sort expression in this scope” property to the name of the row group (matrix1_Product), but for the dynamic columns this is not working,

Please help as this is important.
MohammadSamaha (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Matrix interactive sorting
Hi,

You can solve this problem using as follows:

1: Right click on your matrix | select Properties and | choose the Groups Tab:

You will see the Rows and Columns details. What you need here is the name of the row in your matrix.

it will be like matrix1_field_name. take the name and close the properties window.

Note: to select your matrix, right click inside any cell of your matrix and choose Select 'Matrix1'.

If you want you can edit the name of you row, and use the new name in step 3|C.

2: Choose where you want to put the interactive sort button. you can choose the left corner or the header field of the subtotal column (To view the subtotal column, right click on the header field of your column and choose subtotal, then right click on that and choose properties.

3: Choose the Interactive Sort tab, you will see the following details:

A> Add an interactive sort action to this textbox

Tick the Add an interactive sort action to this textbox.

B> Data Region or Grouping to Sort:

Tick the Choose date region or grouping radio button, and from the drop down choose 'Matrix1'

C> Evaluate sort expression in this scope:

Tick the Choose data region or grouping radio button, and put the name of the row in you matrix that you took in step 1.

please the video

http://www.4shared.com/file/67540028/cb9268bf/SSRS2005_Matrix_Interactive_Sorting.html