The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

bminer1 (14) [Avatar] Offline
Could you please let us know as soon as the code for your book is available? I'd especially like the code for chapter 7. Thanks.
Nish (16) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Code for book
The pre-MEAP code has already been submitted to Manning, and right now I am reviewing the final copy-edits. Once that's done, I'll do a final check of all the code - and for chapters 7,8 that'd been checking them on the final .NET 3 release. A realistic date to expect the full code to be ready would be the 1st or 2nd week of December.
Thanks. BTW, for your example in section 7.4.1 I found that I needed to put a #pragma unmanaged above the DllMain method to avoid loader lock. I was seeing warning C4747 when building the mixed-mode DLL and then on startup the example would just freeze. Putting #pragma unmanaged above the DllMain method fixed it and it runs great now.
Ah. I tried creating the MFC extension DLL with VS 2005 this time (vs. VS6) and it automatically puts the pragma there to make DllMain() unmanaged. So most people won't hit the problem I hit. Thanks.