The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

raymondlittle100 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I am quite new to Reporting Services and need some help figuring out why i can't correctly capture the referrrer information in the IIS Logs.

As far as i know when you run the data extraction tool provided with RS it copies the logs into the staging db, from there it then copies all the data into the WSSFact table in the actual db.

I thought that if i entered a URL into the referrer table that when it populates the WSSFact table it would check to see if the referrer URL matches any of the entries in the referrer table and if so enter its id, otherwise enter the id for No referrer.

This seems to work fine for all existing entires in the referrer table but it ignores the new one i have added. Does anyone know if there is something else that i have to do or check?