The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

donovan (2) [Avatar] Offline
The source code for chapter 5 is missing including the ORMUnit code for JDO. Is it possible for you to make that available?

I would also add that an official errata would be handy as the book seems to have a number of annoying mistakes.

As a fellow software developer I think you will agree that ultimately it is the customer experience that determines if the job done was a success. I think the same can be said about writing books.

While I am (obviously) disappointed with the support for the book, I must say that I am nonetheless happy with my purchase. I am particularly impressed by the "no silver bullet" approach in which the author tries to point out both the strength and weakness of each framework. The book certainly contains a lot of good discussions/points.