The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

kevinstultz88 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I am working on an AJAX project which saves data on the fly. It is working in my development environment, but not when I build to the production site.

I am using a POST, with Content-Type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded.

Here is my experience:
• Checked out latest from Visual Source Safe, and brought it to my machine
• Tested the AJAX save on my machine - Visual Studio .Net 1.1 environment
• Everything worked perfectly:
o all edits got saved immediately upon leaving each cell
o No “potentially dangerous Request.Form value” error when navigating to another page, refreshing the page, etc.
• Checked the files back in
• Deployed to our production site
• Tested on production, where it will NOT save when moving from cell to cell, and we get the “potentially dangerous Request.Form value” error when navigating to another page after changing a cell

I am absolutely positive that the same set of files is on my machine as is in VSS. And that the same set got built to production.

Is this an IIS issue? If so, any ideas on where to look in IIS settings?
Pascarello (208) [Avatar] Offline
Re: phantom potentially dangerous Request.Form value error
It is not an ISS issue, what that is telling you is that you are sending paramters that are bad. AKA < > ' " throught the request and looks like a hack attempt.

Look into http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_encodeURI.asp or converting all of the < > " ' with a simple replace.

Eric