The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mary (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

could you write me please when can i use the client-side Framework.

you have written in the book that we can use server-side Framework if we want that the server generates the client-code, could you tell me please what do you mean exactly?

The figure 2.1 in the book shows that i need for an Ajax-Application always a serverside Framework (thin Client), because the client gets its data from the server. Did i understand the figure correct?

thank you.

Best Regards,
Mary
Pascarello (208) [Avatar] Offline
Re: difference between client and server-side Framework
We can use server-side Framework if we want that the server generates the client-code, could you tell me please what do you mean exactly?

Well if you look at something like GWT (Google Web Toolkit), that writes out all of the clientside code from the server. It is serverside code that writes out the client code.

The webserver block can be a hard coded document (XML, Text files, HTML, etc) or a serverside generated document (aspx, jsp, asp, do). In most cases you will be using the server to server up dynamic content.

Eric