The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

manoj_chaudhari (12) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I have a line chart with Y-Axis showing some states. These states have values 1,2,3… and are in database. 1 is mapped to Running, 2 mapped to Stopped, 3 mapped to Data Unavailable. The text associated (i.e. the mapping) with these states is also present in the database.
Now I want to have a line chart Y-Axis show the labels as Running, Stopped , Data Unavailable while draw the line based on its values.
Is it possible to have Value and label fields for Y Axis?
I do not want to show point labels, as there would be maximum 96 data points when I draw the line chart. And if I show the point labels then for 96 data points the chart looks really clumsy.
I want labels only to appear on the Major gridline. Is this possible?

I am using RS 2000 SP2

Thanks and Regards,
Manoj