The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

sudarshan73 (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Everybody, i have been having problems in design & layout of the following report .
i need the report as follows a
----------------------------------
HP- FIELDS IN HEADER OF PAGE -REPEATED IN EVERY PAGE.
HR- FIELDS IN HEADER OF REPORT-ONLY ONCE ON 1st PAGE OF REPORT.
---------------------------------
HP - In Page Header, i have placed some text and page no
HR - In Table Header, i have placed some text & fields.
HP - In Group Header 1, i have some text & fields. & RepeatOnNewPage = true
HR - IN GROUP HEADER 1, text & fields, which i want to repeat on only 1st page.
(this is were i am having problems to set the group header for the table to
to repeat only on 1st page)
HP - In Group Header 1, some text & fields
DETAIL- some fields.

I would really appreciate your help, in design & layout of the report.

Thanks A lot IN ADVANCE
Sud
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Report Design-Layout
I am affraid I am not exactly sure what you mean by "repeat on only the first page". RS doesn't have a designated report header band. Instead, whatever you want to appear on the first page (before the report), you put it at the top of the Body section.
sudarshan73 (5) [Avatar] Offline
HR- the fields and text in this group header, i want them to be displayed only once on the first page of the report..If i put them above the body of the report, then, i will have free space when i set the HR fields and text to not appear on the other pages of the report.
if i could say something like this group header data(HR), to be visible, if the page no is 1.
Is there anyway i can access, the page no in the group header(body) of the report.?
Any changes in design or other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance
sud
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
There used to be a not-supported hack in RS 2000 (pre-SP2 I believe) where you could pass the pagenumber to a code-behind global var in the page header and read it from the body but the code evaluation but the expression evaluation has changed since. Currently, I don't know of a way to read the page number in the body.