The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

markv (2) [Avatar] Offline
I have found JUnit in Action to be a great book. I was wondering, with so many changes having been introduced in JUnit 4.x, do you plan a new edition to the book?

Thanks in advance!
JoeVeilleux (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Is a new edition planned to cover JUnit 4?
I too am interested in this. I am just getting started with JUnit and downloaded it from JUnit.org only to find that the class names don't seem to match the examples in the book. I eventually figured out that that's because the book is written for JUnit 3.8.1.

So I'd be really interested in a new edition, or a "bridge" document describing how to do the things in the book but with JUnit 4.

In particular, can anyone tell me how to invoke the graphical test runner in JUnit 4 (e.g. like the simple example on page 11 of the book, but using JUnit 4)? I've been poking around for about 30 minutes without success...
kurzweil4 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Is a new edition planned to cover JUnit 4?
I was thinking of buying this book, but now I see that it does not cover JUnit 4.

When will a new edition be available?

Thanks