The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

manoj_chaudhari (12) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Teo,

I am calling a custom assembly from my reports. I have added the reference for the assembly in the “References” tab of Report Properties.
In Classes section I am creating an instance of a class exported by that custom assembly.

Now this class has a Parameterized constructor. I want to use this parameterized constructor. Where can I call this parameterized contructor.

If its not possible to call parameterized contructor then this assembly also has a Init method. This custom assembly is called in many of my expressions. But I dunno which expression code gets executed first so I dunno where to call this Init method()

If I am able to call the parameterized constructor that will be the best solution.

Regards,
Manoj
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Calling a parameterized constructor
You can override the report OnInit() method.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152801.aspx
manoj_chaudhari (12) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Teo,

Thanks for the reply.

Is this possible to override the report OnInit() method in RS2000 ? I was not able to find it for RS2000.

I am using RS2000.

Regards,
Manoj
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline