The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

sachinladdha (24) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Can I use MSRS exception classes (available in Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities) in my custom data extension?

I tried to use it, but I get security permissions exception in report manager web application. Please note that my CDE works fine if I dont use these exception classes.

Any clues..
regards,
SAchin
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Using MSRS exception classes in custom data extension
Why do you want to use these classes?
sachinladdha (24) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

All of our reports uses a custom data processing extension to fetch the data. The CDE does lot of processing for that and might get some errors while processing.

I wanted to throw the MSRS exceptions as they satisfy my requirements of exception handling. I dont wanted to reinvent the same thing.

regards,
Sachin
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
I don't know of a way to throw the RS exxception. If there is a way, they won't get logged in the trace files.