The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Tanver (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Lachev,
We have a report using Matrix nested inside a (Table) Data Region. Now it is the limitation of the RS 2000 SP2 that we can not export such reports to EXCEL.

Is there any way that we can export this report to EXCEL, I mean any work around?

Is there any API available to help us customize the toolbar presented by the MS Report Viewer so that we can Intercept the Click on Export Button when the User tries to export this report to EXCEL, and hence ultimately override its functionality to run our own code instead of the default code?

I will be realy gratefull if you could help me resolve this issue.

Thanks
Tanveer
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Is there any way to customize the Report Viewer Toolbar?
>Is there any way that we can export this report to EXCEL, I mean any work around?

None that I know of.

>Is there any API available to help us customize the toolbar?

The RS 2000 toolbar is not customizable. If this is a requirement, consider upgrading to RS 2005 or implementing your own toolbar.
Anything you can suggest?
Upgrade to RS 2005 of course smilie
> Upgrade to RS 2005 of course smilie

But I have been told by one of the experts that this problem is unresolved in Reporting Services 2005 till SP1 as well. Is it not correct?
Which problem? I thought you need control over the toolbar and I recommended RS 2005 over 2000. The RS 2005 report viewer support toolbar customization(http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/30424/0).