The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

lostantipodean (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm having problems getting the correct parameters passed to a drillthrough report when the drillthrough is activated from a subtotal row or column. The general layout of the primary report is as follows:

...........Col1.....Col2.....Col3......Total
Row1.....1........ 2..........3............6
Row2.....4.........5..........6...........15
Row3.....7.........8..........9...........24
Total.....12.......15.........18..........45

The navigation properties of the textbox containing the numbers (which are a count of a dataset field) are set so when the user clicks on a number the drillthough report is loaded with parameters Fields!Row.Value and Fields!Column.Value.

This is precisely what I want to happen for most of the matrix cells, but I run into a problem when the user clicks on a cell in one of the total row/columns.

In that case, I want to send a multi-value parameter containing all the possible row (or column) values. The columns/rows are values from a database fields, passed as parameters as the user can choose which ones they want to see. I.e. if the user clicks on the '6' in the matrix above I want to send Fields!Row.Value and Parameters!Col.Value (multiple values).

How do I do this?

I'm thinking I need some custom code called in the Parameter Value field accessed through the textbox navigation tab. But what?

I basically want to say:

if matrix row is a subtotal row then
pass all parameter!Row values
else
pass fields!fieldname.Value

and similar for the matrix subtotal column

I can pick up the matrix via ReportItems!MatrixName, but I don't seem to be able to get any controls inside of the matrix - e.g. textboxes/specific rows & columns inside the matrix, or use RowCount or functions to get info about the matrix.

Does anyone know if this is possible and, if so, what the syntax is?

Any suggestions appreciated!
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem with a drillthrough Matrix with SubTotals
One option is to to load an array with the row values and fetching the multi-value parameter with a custom function. The Sales by Product Category report demonstrated in chapter 6 uses a similar approach to load the historical dataset.
Salamatashanow (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem with a drillthrough Matrix with SubTotals
I am facing the same problem, I did not understand the answer.

Please I am very interested in solving this problem, what do you meen by chapter 6. what is the book title.

Could you explain more how to resolve it.

Regards