The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

adb96hxo (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,

I'm quite new in RS. I've made several reports with report parameters and deployed them to the report server successfully. Then from windows application the users can choose from a checkbox list with all reports from RS. By clicking the checkbox, can users choose more than one reports or all reports if they want and by clicking a button to preview the report/reports before they print out them. Is it possible or just one report eachtime?

Thanks for any input!
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Possible to print several reports at one time?
It is absolutely possible. You have to decide on which integration option (URL or Web service) you will use to request reports but it is possible with both. If you have a choice, I strongly suggest you consider RS 2005 and the VS.NET 2005 Windows Forms Report Viewer. Once the user makes a selection, your application can open multiple instances of the Windows Form hosting the Report Viewer and pass the report path to each instance. Application integration is one of the areas where RS really stands out.