The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

sadlermd (45) [Avatar] Offline
Hi:

I have created a document map that I can see in the Report Designer and Manager. However, when I render my report in my application (I use URL access), the document map doesn't appear.

Is this the correct behavior or am I doing something wrong?

As an aside, if I export that same report from my application to PDF, I can see the document map bookmarks!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rick
tlachev (687) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Using the Document Map in RS2000...
It should appear by default. There was an issue with IE 5.5, but it should have been addressed in SP1. If it still doesn't show, what happens when you append the DocMap HTML device setting (should default to true anyway)?
I am sorry but I am not familiar with this; how do you do this?

Thanks
Just append &rcsmilieocMap=true to the end of the URL. See the book for more examples.
I added it to the URL but it didn't work...
here is the end of the URL:

"&ReportID=1001
&rs:Command=render
&rs:Format=HTML4.0
&rc:Toolbar=True
&rc:JavaScript=True
&rc:LinkTarget=_self
&rc:Area=Report
&rcsmilieocMap=True"
Hi Teo:

Do you have any other ideas why my document map only shows up in Report Manager? By the way if I remove "&rc:Area=Report" from the URL, the document map appears - but so does the Toolbar!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rick
I am affraid I am not sure what the Area device setting is for. Where is this setting documented?
Area is useful for rendering the various components of the report. I haven't found in documentation for these. I just debugged a report and found them hanging off a URL.

&rc:Area=DocMap - renders the doc map (requires &rcsmilieocMap=True)

&rc:Area=Report - renders only the report; useful for applications that wants to use a custom toolbar. (this would require &rc:Toolbar=True)

&rc:Area=DocMapAndReport - doesn't work!

Thanks,

Rick
So, why not Toolbar=false and DocMap=True?
The Document Map is actually rendered by the Toolbar!

No toolbar, no map... smilie