The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

GDW90 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I just bought PIA today and am really excited about what I've seen so far.

I've been experimenting with AppFuse using Spring MVC and Hibernate and would like to incorporate the ideas I'm learning in PIA into the framework.

My question is how well it will fit. It seems that what PIA is calling repositories are basically DAOs in AppFuse. Am I way off base here?

Does anyone know of any considerations/complications I might run into trying this. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks,
Gary
ceracm (113) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Integrating PIA ideas into AppFuse
Gary,

I am glad that you like the book.
Repositories and DAOs are usually synonymous in practice although their intent is different. Search other threads in this forum and see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/domaindrivendesign/ for the details.

I haven't used AppFuse so I can't comment on the fit but I would be surprised if there were issues.

Chris