The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

j3d2006uk (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,

I am having this unusual problem with running a java applet file on my laptop.

My laptop has the following java3d components installed:
J3d 1.4.0
Jsdk 1.4.2_10
Run time 1.4.2_10

The problem is that when I compile and run my file when the power lead is attached to my laptop, the applet loads the 3D object in 2 sec. But when I take the power lead out, the applet java file takes a whole minute to load- I only get this black screen inside the applet window.

Please some one provide me with some solutions to this problemÂ…or maybe you had some problems like myselfÂ…any kind of tip/suggestions will be extremely helpful.

Thank you
alex
dselman (104) [Avatar] Offline
Re: problem with running a java applet on my laptop
With the power cable removed your laptop is running in power saving mode. You can check your windows settings to see what this implies, but it usually implies running the CPU at a reduced speed which might explain what you are seeing with load times. Perhaps the video driver is also impacted?

Dan